Monday, May 18, 2009

You are such a trooper!

Hi Max!

You can say, "hi" now. :) At least I think it is "hi." I say, "Hi" and you reply, "Hi". 

I was really impressed at how you did for your helmet molding. You smiled and gurgled through the whole thing. I really feared you would cry at the mess, the tape, and the discomfort, but once again you amaze me at your positive and smiling attitude. You are one happy baby, Beebs. :)

Your family nickname is Beebs. Lucky Dog is Bubs (short for BubbaDog) and Sheri is not Bubs or Beebs, but another name close to that - but she doesn't like me calling her that name. But it goes so well with Beebs and Bubs, if you know what I mean. :) 

We get your helmet this week. I'm excited for you. At one time, I had a lot of apprehension, but after watching you handle the molding session at the hospital, I am genuinely excited to see you get the helmet and to see your head go back to round. You deserve it. You are so perfect in every way. As I have said before in this blog, I know you aren't going to be perfect, but I don't want any imperfections be because of something I or Sheri could have prevented. We're going to get you a helmet. We're going to get you braces if you need them. We will do what we can to set you up for success; however, success is up to you. 

We can wait on the "success talk." For right now, we're happy playing SuperBoy and Leap for the Skies. You're a lot of fun and we haven't even played catch yet. Your favorite toy is a toy Porsche (isn't that incredible:). It's a small white 911 that goes forward after you drag it backwards. You aren't too worried about the action, you just want to put it into your mouth. You play with that while jumping in your Johnnie Jumper. You REALLY love to jump. Jump and smile. Jump and laugh. You are sleeping as I read this, but I can just hear your giggle in my head from when you are jumping. It makes me smile. Play, play, play, my little boy. 

I'll write again after Friday's Helmet Session at the hospital. We go to a family reunion on Saturday. Can't wait for everybody to see you. They read this blog often so they know all about you. 

To Your Success, 

Max's Dad (Michael)