Sunday, February 5, 2012

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Hi Max!

I was so proud of you yesterday! You scored your first goal ever in soccer! Your first competitive score! Unfortunately, you didn't get to see it as you were tripped up and fell hard on your knee. While you cried tears of pain, I teared up with joy. You even scored it with your left foot! You have come a long, long, long way in four weeks. From not wanting to even engage and saying, " I don't want to..." to now, when you are the "SuperSub" you are ready to go back into the game! So proud of you! 

Speaking of being so proud of you, have to relate a story from a few days before that - it makes me smile and will make you smile down the road. I was out of town speaking - which is an every week occurrence now. I got a call from Mommy, or at least I thought it was Mommy. It was actually YOU! I answer, "Hello." You say something but I couldn't understand it. Mommy says, "Max has something to tell you." You said something and I still struggled to hear you. Finally, I heard you say, "I pottied and pooped all by myself." I was so excited that 1) I could actually understand what you were saying and 2) you were so happy that you wanted to call me to tell me the big news. I said, "I am SO PROUD OF YOU!" 

Here is where the story gets good. I guess you were playing in your room and then went to the bathroom, took your pants down, and pottied and pooped - by yourself for the first time. Then you ran to the kitchen where Mommy was to tell her - with your pants still around your ankles. =0) Haha. Mommy asked you, "What did you do?" You said, "I pottied and pooped by myself" with a big smile on your face. You were so happy. Then you asked Mommy, "Do you think Daddy would be so proud of me?" Awwww! And Mommy being the good person she is said, "Well, we should call him!" It was great that I said what I said! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

You are growing up so fast - and yet I am so happy that I have been there so much to be a part of it. So blessed to have a career that allows me time to be your Daddy. 

Congrats on your first goal - and another goal - your first potty and poop on your own. =0)

Blessings, 

Max's Dad (Michael)

P.S. Pictures coming soon!

No comments: