Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Family Reunions, Four-leaf clovers, and Chinese Food

We had our Annual Maher Family Reunion this weekend. It's every year on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend. We have it at Big Hill Lake near Cherryvale in the southeast corner of Kansas. It was a good time. We saw Paula and her son, Blake and her daughter Lauren. We saw Dan (my dad's brother and your great-uncle) and MaryLou. We saw Linda (dad's sister) and Edith (dad's sister) and Jim (dad's youngest brother) and Neddy (Jim's wife). We saw Jana (Edith's daughter) and Taina (Linda's daughter) and Taina's daughter. Then there was our immediate family, Susan and Courtney, Brian, Mom, Rob and Lisa with Brady and Allyson. Everybody, your uncles and aunts, your cousins, your great-uncles and great-aunts, everybody is looking forward to meeting you next year. You'll learn to grow out of your shyness with the Maher family. :)

Something that was really cool was that while Sheri and Brady were walking they came upon a clover patch. Sheri goes, "Ooh, Brady, wouldn't it be cool to find a four-leaf clover?!" Brady goes, "Yeah!" They went from one patch to another, then lo and behold, Sheri found a four-leaf clover. A real one! I didn't even know they really existed.

Isn't it interesting how we will lose weight, we'll tan, we'll do a bunch of different things to prepare for a class reunion, but we basically show up as we are for family reunions? Isn't it great that family loves us just for who we are and how we are? :)

I'm typing this after your mom made Cashew Chicken. The thing about Chinese food is that it fills you up pretty quickly, you feel a little bloated afterwards, then you are hungry in about 2 hours. You'll get it. I'm guessing there are some Gerber's mini-meals that make you feel the same way.

By the way, Bay-Bee, I'm reading a great book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby (or something like that). It talks about systematizing your day and having standard sleep times (sleeping even before you are sleepy). I'm excited about this book because I live a very systematized life and my life has been fantastic since I have implemented my time blocking and task blocking. So hopefully, you won't have to be 30 years old before you learn this fantastic lesson.

We have a doctor's appointment on June 9 (Monday) but we won't be able to find out if you are a boy or girl yet. I'm excited to find out. It doesn't matter to me... boy or girl. Just want healthy. :) So you sleep now. I'll try to get some work done so I can earn some money and start preparing for your college fund. :)

To Your Success,

Bay-Bee's Papa (Michael)

No comments: