Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Now THAT is a Growth Spurt! Happy Birthday to Dad!

Hi Bay-Bee!

You seem to be resting well lately. This week you'll go from 5 inches long to 10 inches long! That's a growth spurt. If dad did that, I'd be almost 12 feet tall! Incredible.

Today is June 11, 2008. Your dad is 39 today! Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday to You. Happy Birthday To Dad! Happy Birthday to You! :) How time flies when you are having fun.

Two weeks from today we'll find out if you are Michael Maxwell or Mariah Marie (or another name for a boy or girl). I'm looking forward to it so I can prepare mentally (and around the house) for your arrival. We're very excited for you. Mom isn't sick or tired any more. She's feeling great.

Mom and I are reading a book Healthy Sleeping Habits, Happy Baby. It was given to us by Cynthia Olivarria Kaufman. It's a great book on providing structure for you. It details how consistent scheduling during the day will keep your attitude and energy strong. It's fantastic and definitely supports a lot of my time and energy management theories. I'm looking forward to putting it into play. I know Rob and Lisa Maher (my brother and sister-in-law, your uncle and aunt) did a terrific job of structuring their days for their son (Brady) and daughter (Alyson). Maybe Lisa will be able to help mom and me while we are going through this learning process?

Your mom and I really enjoy reading. Books are a great way to get away. They are a place to learn and expand your knowledge. They are a gateway to improvement and reaching your potential. I hope you enjoy reading. We have plenty of books for you. :) Maybe you'll even read the book I'm writing, The Seven Levels of Communication: From Relationships to Referrals. You won't need the information in it for years, but it will be a good read. I'm going to dedicate it to you and your mom... and my mom and dad of course. One of your grandpa's wishes is that he wished he would have written his memoirs - that is a compilation of works, thoughts, and notes. They would have been spectacular! It would have been great to read his words and hear his thoughts on striving for excellence, pushing for your personal best, overcoming struggles, getting the best from people around you.

Bay-Bee, you are very lucky to have come into this life within the family you are arriving. My mom (your grandma) is extremely intelligent and you will find that much of the family (aunts, uncles, cousins, great-uncles, great-aunts) are fun, witty, smart, clever, POSITIVE, happy, Christian, upbeat, and caring. Sheri's family is one of the most caring and wonderful families on the planet. I'm glad to be part of their constant loving environmentand quite honestly my side of the family could take a lesson from their excellent communication (though we, the Maher side, are working on that). All in all, you're getting it all! :) Not that I'm biased or anything.

And we are very lucky to have you. And Lucky is lucky to have you. :) The family dog is looking forward to having a play mate. He's wagging his tail right now to let you know he his ready to welcome you into the house. He will most likely let you know that you are IN by throwing a racquet ball off your head. :)

Rest now. More later...

To Your Success,

Bay-Bee's Papa (Michael)

No comments: