Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stop and smell the...

Hi Max!

You are so adorable! I have to just say that as your language and articulation gets bigger and better you are just so fun to be around! :)

Tonight, mom called us to dinner. As we were heading up the stairs, you took a few seconds to stop and smell the two fragrant candles that are on the landing of the stairs. You made sure not to touch them with your hands because we had just washed them. You ever so gently edged up to one, took a big sniff, and enjoyed the moment. You then slid sideways to take in the other one. It reminded me of watching a wine connoisseur take in the entire experience of the wine. And then in a blink, we worked our way up the rest of the stairs.

I was glad I was there for that moment.

I was glad you reminded me of why I was there.

I need to take time to stop and smell the roses... and the candles. We all do.

Thank you again... for educating me and teaching me on a daily basis.

With Love and To Your Success,

Max's Dad (Michael)