Friday, August 22, 2008

A Poem from Max...

I'd Rather Watch a Winner
by Michael Maxwell Maher*

"I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one any day.

So please, my loving parents, let your lives show me the way.

I'm only a reflection of what you taught today.

I may midunderstand you and the high advice you give

But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.

So teach me by example, don't preach about what's right,

And show me by your actions every day and night.

I know that you're not perfect, in the things you do and say,

And the lectures you deliver are to help me find my way,

But I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one any day."

Couldn't you see a child writing that? This poem is a great daily reminder to me on how to lead with my actions not what I say ("Do what I say, not what I do" doesn't cut the mustard).

What does this poem say to you?

To Your Success,

Bay-Bee's Papa (Michael)

*This was really written by a self-improvement speaker and author, Denis Waitley.

No comments: