Thursday, November 6, 2008

By Request: "It is time for me to reveal who I voted for..."

God Bless America!
{I had three requests to post this on your site Max so I'm hijacking your pages for a day, but this is an important lesson for you to learn as well}

{Note: Posted at 10:45 p.m. on 11/04/2008 before Barack Obama was elected our 44th President of the United States)

Here we are on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. It's "the big day". It's Election Day.

After an endless barrage of commercials, signs, media blasts, and debates, it is time to make a decision.

I'm going to vote for the person who can guarantee that if I work hard, and work smart, I can make as much money, and build as much wealth, as I can handle.

I'm going to vote for the person who will keep me and my family safe from terrorism, dishonest corporations, and overuse of oil and gas.

I am going to vote for the person who will take care of my family, educate my newborn, give him the best chance to succeed, and see to our health care.

I am going to vote for the person who inspires me to get up in the morning fired up and ready to get in the game, living by my wits, knowledge and experience so I can compete fiercely, but fairly, for my share of the American dream.

In other words, TODAY, I am going to get up, walk into the bathroom, look in the mirror, see the affirmations along the side of the mirror and cast the same vote I have cast every day since I was around 18 years old, and first came to realize that only I was responsible for my own life. I am personally responsible for my success, my business, and my family, and looking to Presidents, Governors, Senators, or any other governmental officials or the government for relief, or blame for that matter, is an exercise in futility. Looking to the government, elected officials, or anyone else for that matter is an admission that I wasn't strong enough, smart enough, or hard working enough to make things happen on my own.

Yes, my fellow Americans, today I’m going to vote for me.

For the 39th consecutive year, I am going to vote for the person who has put me exactly where I am right now. I call on all Americans to not rely on the government for handouts, opportunities, or direction but instead rely on the fire that burns within and the fuel that inspires that fire. Let your passion and integrity direct you towards the change necessary in your life. You see, Obama has it wrong. People don't want change. People want better. Change is not always better, but my friends, better always requires change. All Americans want to be better off today than they were yesterday. And to be better off, be better. Tomorrow, I will be better than I am today. I've cast my vote. I ask for Godspeed for my candidate and promise to run a clean campaign with any of my opponents.

It's time to go back to work, because it’s still up to me to make it happen for me and for my family. As it should be. IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME! Say it with me! IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME!

Take care and God bless,

Michael

Michael J. Maher, MBA

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Max, this is right up there with Cat in the Hat. I'm not sure if there is a more powerful rhyme you'll hear.

Later, we'll discuss another important variation to this (If it is to be, it is up to WE).

To Your Success,

Max' Dad (Michael)

No comments: