Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Father's Treasure...


Hi Max!

This bit of scripture has been echoing in my head over the last 14 months.

A Father's Treasure "Don't you see that children are God's best gift, the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep." (Psalm 127:3-5, MSG)

I didn't see that children were God's best gift. I thought your mom was God's greatest masterpiece. =0) But what a powerful paragraph this is! You are God's best gift. You are our legacy - and WHAT generosity from God! Like a warrior's fistful of arrows - your enemies won't stand a chance against you - you'll sweep them right off your doorstep. Powerful words.

I don't know the formal application or interpretation of this verse, but my interpretation is that compared with all the other battles we face on a daily basis, none matter when compared to the love of a child. I know that after a tough day of being the Prime Defender of my client's equity that seeing you reach your arms up asking for a hug - those other things don't have a chance. You've firmly planted my focus and perspective exactly where it needs to be. So of all the lessons you may learn from me, I learned the most valuable lesson from you.

To Your Success,

Max's Dad (Michael)