Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cutest thing ever...

Hi Max!

Just had to share with you. We just finished Max Time - that's time that daddy spends with you. I had the sequence of feeding you, changing you into your pajamas, playing with you, and then giving you milk before bedtime. While I was feeding you, you made the "more" hand sign (hands together) and I fed you more. Soon afterwards, you made a sign I didn't recognize. You put your hands out with your fingers spread out wide. I know milk, more, and high-five. I didn't know this sign. I called your mom. She didn't know either. I kept feeding you applesauce and you kept eating it.

Later, I got you changed and we starting playing in your room. In your room, besides a few toys, you have a bookcase of books - dozens of books - you've always loved books (wonder where you get that?! =0). You went over to the bookcase, grabbed a book, and brought it over to me with a wry smile on your face. I said, "What?"

The book was Baby Signs -Sign Language for Babies. You wanted me to know the sign you made!!! I went through the pages (of a book I didn't even know existed!) and there a few pages in was the hand signal you had made. It was the sign for Done. You were telling me you were finished with your dinner (and dummy me had fed you for 5 more minutes. =0).

Thank you for bringing the book over (and now I have a reference for future signs) and thank you, once again, for teaching me a lesson. I love spending time with you.

To Your Success,

Max's Dad (Michael)